PhD Candidate, linguistics, University of Newcastle (Australia), 2021-
- Thesis (working) title: Landscape, Culture, Cognition, and Language: A Fieldwork-Based Investigation of Inter- and Intracommunity Variation
Supervisors: A/prof. Bill Palmer and Dr. Catriona Malau
MA, Linguistics, University of Copenhagen, 2021
Specialization in functional cognitive linguistics
- Thesis title: Pragmatic and Synctactic Influence on Pronoun Resolution: A Psycholinguistic Study of the Coreference Resolution of Danish Possessive Pronouns
Supervisor: Prof. Elisabeth Engberg-Pedersen
BA, Linguistics, University of Copenhagen, 2018
Linguistic software: ELAN, FLEx, Praat, AegisSub
Basic programming: Python, R, LaTeX
Spanish: Basic communication skills
German: Good comprehension
I have experience working with several varieties of the Indigenous Mexican language Nahuatl and a highly endangered variety of the Indigenous language Otomí.
I have experience with the following areas of scientific research:
- Data pipelines (data collection, data management, transcription, annotation, analysis, visualisation)
- Linguistic Fieldwork
- Experimental design (mouse-tracking, eye-tracking)
- Production of elicitation materials
- Instructing team members in specialised software and data collection
- Public presentation, academic publication
Research Intern, University of Copenhagen, 2020
- Researching linguistic and cognitive preferences regarding the use of different orientational systems in two varieties of Nahuatl as part of the Nahuatl Space Project.
Student assistant, IT-university of Copenhagen, 2018-2020
- Annotating linguistic material for a Danish treebank project, and I writing annotation guidelines for future annotators.
Student Assistant, MIRSK, 2018
- Annotating linguistic data for automatic speech-processing software.
Student Assistant, University of Copenhagen, 2017
- Collecting and processing data for a project on the vocabulary of 5th graders.
Research Assistant, Linguistic Fieldwork, 2017
- Documentation of the highly endangered language Acazulco Otomí in Mexico.
- I have been responsible for teaching general linguistics and problem solving to Danish high schoolers to prepare them for participation in the IOL (International Linguistics Olympiad).
- I have been responsible for planning and teaching various courses in a broad range of linguistic subjects. TalentCampDK is an educational offer for gifted 7-9th grade students.
Frøken Maria Månssons legat, 2020
- Travel grant to fund fieldwork in Mexico (10.000 DKK)
Københavns Universitets Internationaliseringsstipendium, 2017
- Travel grant for exchange studies at University of California (8.000 DKK), not utilised
Australian Linguistics Society, 2021-
The Linguistic Circle of Copenhagen, 2015-
The Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas, 2020-2021
Posts of responsibility
Member of quota 2-admission committee, Linguistics, University of Copenhagen, 2020
Team Leader for the Danish IOL (International Linguistics Olympiad) team, 2017-2020
Member of committee, the Linguistic Circle of Copenhagen, 2016-2020
Member of organising committee, Sprogvidenskabelig Studenterkonference, 2016-2020
Chairman, linguistic Student Council, University of Copenhagen, 2016-2019